7 Tasty Plant-Based Breakfast Recipes to Get You Fed and Out the Door - Fast
Become a “morning person” with these 7 craveable plant-based breakfast recipes
Ah, breakfast. The most important meal of the day- yet it's easily forgotten when you're crunched for time.
To help start your day off with a tasty, healthy breakfast without sacrificing your time, I've compiled 7 plant-based recipes that are easy to whip up or pre-make the day before.
By meal-prepping and taking time to eat breakfast, you’ll feel better prepared for the day ahead and help curb those midday cravings and energy slumps.
Plus, these are great, healthier options for kids who love sugary cereals and toaster pastries.
I’m sharing two of my favorite recipes in this blog while the rest are avalible in the download found at the end of the post.
Make sure you download your free copy!
Each recipe uses my favorite plant-based protein powder from Sunwarrior. I've used their products for years - even before fully adopting a plant-based diet. They're incredibly flavorful (not chalky or have a strange aftertaste) and blend well into recipes like baked oatmeal, cookies, protein bites, and smoothie bowls.
Using all clean ingredients (no artificial nasties), Sunwarrior protein powder is my favorite way to boost my mornings with extra protein and minerals - while making my breakfast taste like dessert!
Sunwarrior sent me samples to test out, which I used, along with their products I already owned, when testing and developing these recipes. To try out their products for yourself and snag a 15% discount visit:
and use the code: thegreenspatula15 during checkout to receive 15% off!
Get ready to experience less stress in the mornings and find the time to eat a health and nourishing breakfast.
Bananas Foster Oatmeal
Makes 2 servings
1 cup of old fashioned oats
1 - 1 1/2 cups non-dairy milk
1 scoop of Sunwarrior vanilla protein powder
Dash of cinnamon
1 ripe banana, sliced
1 1/2 tbsp coconut oil
3 tbsp maple syrup
Dash of vanilla
Dash of cinnamon
Tiny pinch of salt
1. Make the oatmeal:
- In a medium saucepan, add in the oats and milk.
- Bring to a boil and reduce the heat to a simmer. Cook for 5-7 minutes. Let cool for a few minutes before stirring in the protein powder. Add some milk to help blend. Set aside.
2. Prepare the banana:
- In a small pan heat the coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt. Once it's bubbly, add the banana slices and cook for a few minutes.
3. Once cooked, top your oatmeal with the bananas, along with additional toppings like walnuts and chocolate chips (because why not).
Coffee & Chocolate Protein Bites
Makes 14-16 bites
8 pitted medjool dates (the softer the better)
1 cup oats
2 tbsp chia seeds
2 tbsp ground flax seed
1 scoop Sunwarrior chocolate protein powder
2 tbsp almond butter
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
3 tbsp maple syrup
1/4 cup of brewed coffee
Pinch of salt
1. Blend all ingredients in a food processor until well combined. The mixture should be sticky enough to roll it into balls that easily hold their shape. If not, add a splash of coffee at a time until you get the right consistency. Taste to adjust sweetness.
2. Once the consistency is right, take 1-2 tbsp of the mixture and use your hands to roll it into a ball. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days.
3. Eat them as is or crumble them over non-dairy yoghurt and fresh berries. They’re also great for snacking - just pop a few in a reusable container and take them with you.
Hungry for More?
How does chocolate bliss chia seed pudding, breakfast cookies, berry smoothie bowl, and apple pie baked oatmeal sound?
Download the remaining recipes, shown above, by entering your email below:
I hope you enjoy these delicious recipes as much as my family and I do, and that they help you find time to eat and fuel up in the morning.
Let me know which one you’re most excited try in the comments below!
Disclaimer: I received free product from Sunwarrior, which I used along with their products I already own. All opinions and recipes are my own and I only promote products/companies I use on a daily basis and genuinely love. For more information please read: Disclosure/Disclaimer.
*This page contains affiliate links. That means I receive a small reward from Sunwarrior if you buy these products through my page or use the 15% off discount code (at no extra cost to you!). This support helps produce future content*