Almond Butter & Tahini Noodles - Plant-Based and Gluten-Free
A Simple Plant-Based Recipe to Quickly Get Dinner on the Table
When you’re craving take-out but you’re too hungry to wait - or you don’t want to spend the money on delivery - this incredibly satisfying Almond Butter & Tahini Noodle dish is the perfect recipe to whip up.
It’s creamy, spicy (from the ginger and sriracha), packed-full of veggies, and a much healthier alternative to any noodle dish at your favorite restaurant.
It’s quick to make - under 30 min - and you’ve probably got most of the ingredients in the fridge and pantry. If not, keep them on hand since this will be your go-to meal for hectic weekdays.
I’ve added links to a few of the ingredients, so you can easily find them online.
Plus, this dish is great for a crowd - even with kids! Double the recipe, adjust the spice levels, and easily add a different protein to tailor it to your family. The leftovers reheat great and it’s the perfect lunch to take to work/school.
3-4 garlic cloves
1 celery stalk
1/2 head of cauliflower
Handful of brussel sprouts
8 oz of mushrooms
Optional: Tofu (extra firm)
Spicy Almond Ginger Tahini Sauce (seriously amazing!):
3 heaping tbsp tahini
3 tbsp coconut aminos
2 tbsp almond butter
1 tbsp mustard
1-3 tbsp sriracha
2 tbsp grated ginger
Juice of 2 lemons
Zest of 1 lemon
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tbsp rice vinegar
1. In a large pan or a wok, heat a splash of avocado oil.
2. Cook the garlic and onions until translucent.
3. Add in the rest of the veggies and cook for 10 minutes or until everything is tender. If you're adding tofu to your dish make sure to get as much of the water out of the block. To do this, take the block and wrap it in a clean kitchen towel. Place a heavy object on top of it (I use a pan) for 10-15 min to press out any water.
4. While the veggies are cooking prepare the sauce. In a bowl, mix together all the ingredients using a whisk. Taste and adjust the seasonings (I find I usually have to add extra lemon juice).
5. Add in 3/4 of the sauce to your stir fry and mix well. Let everything cook for another 1-2 min. Use the rest of the sauce to top your bowl.
6. Prepare the noodles according to package instructions. Mix in well with the veggies.
7. Top with more sauce, sesame seeds, green onion, and sriracha.
Want more delicious plant-based recipes?
Enter your name and email below to download a FREE 7-Day Plant-Based Guide, which includes:
a week’s-worth of recipes, a meal plan, and a grocery list.
Let me know if you make this dish! It’s a favorite in my house so I hope it becomes one in yours.
*This page contains affiliate links. That means I receive a small reward from Amazon if you buy these products through my page (at no extra cost to you!). This support helps produce future content*